Monday, November 9, 2015

Waking Ned Devine Film Analysis

Here is my analysis of the film Ned Divine

 I would like to start off by talking about the different types of editing that were used throughout the movie. From what I noticed the director used a lot of the smooth editing throughout the majority of the movie. You could tell as it flowed very nicely within each scene and a lot of the techniques that we talked about in class were used. I also noticed a little bit of the abrupt editing and the juxtaposition editing. I felt like the way they used music, kept you on your toes and the suspense up and thats exactly how juxtaposition is supposed to be used.
 I felt like music played a really big part in the movie, I noticed that they used a lot of Scottish folk music throughout the film. For me while I watched it, it helped me to understand and feel what it must be like to live there and what the culture is like down there. I also felt the music was helping set up how the lottery was going to work for the main characters and how it changed from when they found the lottery ticket and decided to choose their plan, to how they lost it and ruined that chance of receiving the money. Also towards the end of the movie when the booth went flying into the air and it was heading towards the ground, the music started getting way more intense and louder and more dramatic. I liked how they did that to build the suspense and the moment up.
 There were a lot of interesting film structure takeaways from the movie, I felt like the inciting incident of the film was when they decided to make a plan to steal the lottery for their personal gain and pretend to be Ned. And the midpoint of the movie was when the lottery official came over to observe Ned, at that point the movie was about to take a plot twist down because the witch almost blew their cover, but she was going to go along with it if she got a share of the money along with the rest of the town. And than the climax of the film was when the priest hits the phone booth to avoid hitting the lottery officials vehicle and than the town was able to after that moment receive the earnings of the lottery.
 I thought this was a pretty good movie to follow overall, the way they correctly edited the movie I feel helped influence the plot and different structures in a positive way and I feel like thats very important in creating a great work on the big screen

No comments:

Post a Comment