Monday, October 26, 2015

Amadeus Analysis

Here is my analysis of the film we watched in class Amadeus

    I wanted to start my analysis by talking about the wardrobe and the makeup of the film. I feel like they did a very good job of how they dressed the characters and how they looked. I felt like there were alot of things that helped you have that feeling that you were in those times that they portrayed in the film. But I think a big part of it was the wardrobe that they had. The wigs, the clothing, the theater, and even the makeup they put on them. I felt like as I was watching the movie, that I was part of their show and I was able to feel what it would be like to be watching an opera during those times. Another part that I felt helped you capture the feeling of the movie and being able to connect with it was the locations and where they put the characters. During the moments where Mozart was trying to think and write music, he was always in his home, mostly his room trying to come up with pieces and music. I thought that was important because it gave us an idea of how Mozart works and how he personally was able to think and how he could concentrate. I thought that was something that I saw that location is very important when making a film. And lastly color pallet used, the color I felt that was used the most and from what we discussed in class was the color red. I felt like this color helped show power and strength and those that wore the color red you knew held some sort of power or authority over someone or something.

  I felt like the production design actually helped add to the story. I felt like the mix of color, wardrobe and location really helped give you a good understanding behind the history of that time frame that they were in. I mean they easily could have made this into a documentary and just given us a history lesson. But adding the different things that they did I felt helped make this way more interesting and gave you a better idea of Mozart and his life and also how others felt about him. Something that I noticed in the movie that I thought they did really well with was when Mozart was writing his music, they would play music during that process to give you an understanding of Mozart's thought process. That is how ideas would come to him and how he focused, he would block everything else out and just play the notes and music in his head and than you knew he was done thinking or someone wanted his attention when the music stopped. I thought that was genius and a really great use of verisimilitude.

 What I learned about 1984 from this film was that they did a really good job of production design back in that day. I actually had no idea this film was made back then, I would have guessed maybe late 90's. I thought that they did a really good job with the acting and how serious and into it they got and they were able to use some great production schemes and tools to make it look great.

 The theme that I was able to see was that it is better to appreciate the gifts and talents that others possess and have instead of wallowing and moping around in self-pity. We saw from the man that wanted to kill Mozart that it not only ruined Mozart and his families life but it also ruined how he worshiped God and also how he lived the rest of his life. He just came to be a grumpy old man wanting to make others miserable like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment